This week’s Polygamer podcast is the audio from the PAX East panel "+1 to Journalism: Becoming a Better Writer", held on Sunday, March 12, 2017, 4:00–5:00 PM in Bobcat Theatre.
What do you need to know to make it as a games journalist? What pitches do editors love to get, and what tropes have been done to death? Whether you’re helping consumers make informed purchasing decisions, unearthing the history of a franchise, or critiquing video games as art, you have to convey a lot of meaning in just a few words before the reader clicks away. Come hear veteran writers and editors share the best in games journalism and our own mistakes we’ve made along the way.
- Susan Arendt [Executive Editor, GamesRadar+]
- Jonathan Holmes [Writer, Destructoid & Nintendo Force]
- Ken Gagne [Digital Content Developer, Gamebits]
- Alexander Sliwinski [COO, Bithell Games]
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Polygamers with Susan Arendt:
- Polygamer #61 with Jonathan Holmes
- Road Rules #5 with Jonathan Holmes
- "I’m going to miss tripping in Super Smash Bros. 4" by Jonathan Holmes
- "When Juggalos attack: A firsthand account of the Tila Tequila incident at the Gathering Of The Juggalos"
- Mass Effect 3 review by Susan Arendt
- Versus Books’ Completely Unauthorized Resident Evil 2 Perfect Guide
- Chuck Wendig