SeriouslyClara is a Twitch content creator who focuses on indie games. After being "tricked" into streaming by a friend, she came to love the community and the support they offered her in response to her honesty and authenticity. She now streams to her channel’s 22,000 subscribers several times a week, where she plays indie titles and promotes mental health awareness and body positivity. She recently spoke on the PAX West 2016 panel " So You Think Twitch Isn’t For You? Guess Again" and attended the second-ever TwitchCon.
This week, Clara and Ken talk about their mutual love for Owlboy and Skies of Arcadia; the tradeoff of playing triple-A games for a large audience instead of playing indie games for a more intimate crowd; the differences in performing for a live audience on Twitch vs. a delayed audience on YouTube; the challenges of being an introvert in the gaming community; and the societal expectations thwarted by living a childfree lifestyle.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Owlboy by D-Pad Studio
- Owlboy original soundtrack (OST) by Jonathan Geer
- Skies of Arcadia for Sega Dreamcast & Nintendo GameCube
- "The Childfree Life" in TIME Magazine (August 2013)
- Discord – Free Voice and Text Chat for Gamers
- ClaraGives game giveaways on Twitter
- Revlo Rewards (Twitch) & Gleam.io (YouTube)
- Sandbox Strategies — gaming PR & influencer relations
- TwitchCon 2016 (Sep 30–Oct 2 in San Diego, Calif.)
- Vancouver Twitch Meetup
- AFK Rooms by Take This
- Bad Rats
- Recording software: