Chachi Bobinks is the co-host of The Dialogue Wheel, a fan podcast dedicated to Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and all things BioWare — including diversity! Fittingly, Chachi wears multiple hats herself: podcaster, feminist, PAX Enforcer, parent, and cat lady. How she juggles it all is anyone’s guess.
In this rollicking hour of hilarity, Ken fires a series of difficult questions at Chachi: What makes BioWare so special that they get their own fan podcast? What’s your favorite BioWare game? How does podcasting ameliorate social anxiety disorder? Why volunteer to be a PAX Enforcer and thus miss most of the show? Does GamerGate require that we take sides? What does it mean to be a New Age feminist, and how many other kinds of feminism are there? And, most important: can a sex-positive feminist patronize Hooters?
Listeners are invited to make a donation to the organ transplant program of UMass Memorial Health Care in memory of Edward F. Gagné, guest of Polygamer #24.
Stream the audio edition of this interview below or from Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, Overcast, Pandora, Pocket Casts, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, RadioPublic, or the Internet Archive. Click past the jump for links to resources mentioned in this episode.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Chachi Bobinks of The Dialogue Wheel
- The Dialogue Wheel #37 with Ken Gagne
- Trolls game
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Polygamer #27: Mass Effect cosplayer Emma Bell
- Polygamer #12: An outside perspective on feminism & GamerGate
- “If there was a patriarchy, it wouldn’t allow feminism to exist“
- Cyberbullying Research Center
- Polygamer #15: Zoë Quinn & Alex Lifschitz of Crash Override
- The Dialogue Wheel: Post Pax Post Pox Pandeminium
- Feminist PAX Enforcers tumblr
- Chessex dice
- Table Titans
- Kiva Bay
- Feminist Deck on Kickstarter
Podcast: Download (Duration: 1:22:14 — 38.5MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More