Sarah Wilson, aka PushingUpRoses, is an accomplished video producer, Let’s Player, and writer. After pursuing a degree in creative writing and then apprenticing as a body piercer, she found her niche as a multimedia artist. On YouTube, Twitter, and Patreon, she has built a following devoted to her reviews and retrospectives of classic PC games.
In this interview by Polygamer alumna Khadeja Merenkov, Roses discusses putting herself in her videos rather than play a character, how she balances creating media with interacting with her audience, and how she responds to comments and criticism about her gender and visible body modifications.
- Duane de Four on Polygamer
- Duane de Four on PAX East 2014 panel "Sex, Sexy & Sexism"
- Anita Sarkeesian on The Colbert Report
- Retro Computing Roundtable #85
- Quinn Dunki on Less Than or Equal
- The Onion: I Don’t Support Feminism If It Means Murdering All Men
- Jonathan Mann’s "We Are Not Jack Thompson"
- What is toxic masculinity?
- Send voicemail to Polygamer
- PushingUpRoses, aka Sarah Wilson