Sarah Wilson, aka PushingUpRoses, is an accomplished video producer, Let’s Player, and writer. After pursuing a degree in creative writing and then apprenticing as a body piercer, she found her niche as a multimedia artist. On YouTube, Twitter, and Patreon, she has built a following devoted to her reviews and retrospectives of classic PC games.
In this interview by Polygamer alumna Khadeja Merenkov, Roses discusses putting herself in her videos rather than play a character, how she balances creating media with interacting with her audience, and how she responds to comments and criticism about her gender and visible body modifications.
Download the audio edition of this interview below or from iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play Music, Mixcloud, Spoke, Overcast, acast, Pocket Casts, Castbox, TuneIn, RadioPublic, or the Internet Archive. Click past the jump for links to resources mentioned in this episode.
- Duane de Four on Polygamer
- Duane de Four on PAX East 2014 panel "Sex, Sexy & Sexism"
- Anita Sarkeesian on The Colbert Report
- Retro Computing Roundtable #85
- Quinn Dunki on Less Than or Equal
- The Onion: I Don’t Support Feminism If It Means Murdering All Men
- Jonathan Mann’s "We Are Not Jack Thompson"
- What is toxic masculinity?
- Send voicemail to Polygamer
- PushingUpRoses, aka Sarah Wilson